Star Trek Week: Captain Picard’s Earl Grey Tea-rimisu
Since our Overlord is still at South by Southwest, you get two days in a row of Minion-tastic recipes. She’ll be back tomorrow with her greatest prize, ears she skinned off a Ferengi. Or maybe just a tasty symbollic version. It depends on how many sheets of gold pressed latinum he wants for her latest invention.
Captain Picard’s Earl Grey Tea-rimisu
By Sarah Wright
1 pkg Ladies fingers
2 Earl grey tea bags or about 4 tsps tea leaves
1/2 oz Rum (optional)
1 cup mascarpone cheese
2 tbsp birds custard powder
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups whipped cream
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Make a cup of tea and let it steep until it unthinkably strong (I let mine sit about an hour) add the rum once it’s steeped for extra kick. If you like really sweet desserts you may also want to sweeten the tea a little.
2. In a saucepan whisk together the custard powder, sugar and milk. Cook on medium heat, stirring regularly until it begins to thicken then whisk in the cheese. Once it’s smooth set it aside to cool.
3. Whip the cream, sugar and cream of tartar until it’s thick. Almost turned to butter type thick.
4. In a pan (any pan will work or a bunch of mugs) lay the ladies fingers. Depending on the size of pan you may need to trim the biscuits to fit.
5. Spoon the tea onto the ladies fingers until they are moist but not soggy.
6. Spread some of the mascarpone custard evenly across the biscuts to form a thin layer.
7. Spread some of the whipping cream over the custard layer.
8. Continue layering ladies fingers, custard and cream till the pan is full.
9. Dust the top with cocoa. To make the cocoa into a pattern cut out the shape in paper and lay it over the tea-rimisu. Then dust over the cutout and carefully remove the paper.
10. Put it in the fridge to set for at least an hour before serving.
WIN A POSTER!
To win subscribe to Kitchen Overlord’s YouTube channel and make a request for a future Sci Fi Life Hack you’d like to see her tackle. One random commenter will win the poster.
Need more Star Trek Recipes?
Vulcan Vegan Keema Stuffed Starfleet Insignia
Klingon Blood Orange Pull Apart Bread
Captain Picard’s Earl Grey Tea-Rimisu
Sisko’s Speedy Gumbo
... made entirely from gold pressed latinum, so enjoy! Starfleet Academy Cafeteria's Horta Meatloaf 1 1/2 pounds ground beef ...
... humans are horribly inconsistent. If you want to keep this Star Trek homage entirely vegan, VeganBaking.Net has a great recipe for a ...
... fresh Gagh and your Earthican live calamari are a good start, the mighty Klingon empire also deserves tribute in the form of ...