In honor of Disney giving everyone’s favorite evil queen her own live action adventure, this week Kitchen Overlord is indulging your passion for princesses, musicals, and everyone’s favorite animation studio. We’re kicking things off this Memorial Day with a healthy treat as cold as Maleficent’s icy heart.
Maleficent’s Evil Surprise Ice-Pops
by Sarah Wright
1 cup black berry, black current or blueberry juice
1/2 a lime
1/8 cup of sugar*
1/2 cup water
a handful of berries (optional)
1. Pour the berry juice and berries into the molds (fill them about 2/3 of the way. this may mean you need more or less juice depending on the size of the molds)
2. Stick in the freezer for an hour or so.
3. Mix the lime juice, sugar and water.
4. Pour into the mold and freeze.
* Transform these into a Primal/Paleo summer treat by substituting agave nectar or locally grown honey for the sugar.